Iberville Parish Animal Control Shelter services include:
- Investigation of animal cruelty, neglect, and abandonment cases
- Investigation of vicious animals
- Picking up stray animals
- Handling livestock at large
- Removing snakes from residences
- Delivering dog and cat traps
- Picking up dead animals on local parish and municipal roadways
- Providing low-cost pet adoptions
- Holding an annual rabies vaccination program
- Educating residents on the laws, responsibilities, and liabilities of owning a pet
- Beaver and coyote trapping
Download the Pet Adoption Application form. Please fill it out and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (225) 685-1096 with the subject "Pet Application".
If you know the name of the animal you are interested in, please write it on the designated area, if you do not know it, just write a breed, species, and size (e.g. kitten, cat, Lab, small dog, Chihuahua) that you would be interested in when available. The applications will be evaluated, a home visit may be required, and we will get in touch with the applicants who fit the best criteria for each type of dog/cat.