Safety Coordinator Duties:
- Plans & implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration rules and regulations.
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention and correct handling techniques of chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Prepares studies and analyses of accident causes and hazards to health for use by parish council employees.
- Inspects parish facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for parish use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Works with Human Resources in the administration of workers’ compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to represent the parish in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- Maintains street regulatory and warning signs.
- Inspects tree on parish right-of-way