CHECKLIST FOR STARTING A BUSINESS
Following is a guide for individuals who are interested in starting a new business in the parish. The checklist indicates the local, and state departments or agencies that issue licenses and permits and have other requirements for opening a new business. You must contact each of the offices designated for the specific purposes noted. The requirements of each governmental agency, as well as the fees necessary, are included on the checklist.
LOCAL SALES TAX
Iberville Parish Sales Tax Department
58050 Meriam Street, 2nd Floor
Plaquemine, LA 70764
P.O. Box 355, Plaquemine, LA 70765-0355
What you will need:
Physical location and mailing address
Driver’s License # & Social Security #
If Corporation, Name of officers
Approved Health Permit, if selling food
Iberville Parish Sales Tax Dept.
$50 Minimum Fee
If the business is located in corporate limits of any municipality in Iberville Parish, a clearance must first be obtained from the Sales Tax Office before applying for an Occupational License in that municipality.
Call each town/city for cost of licenses.
City of Plaquemine - 225-687-3661
Town of White Castle - 225-545-3012
Town of Maringouin - 225-625-2630
City of St. Gabriel - 225-642-9600
Village of Rosedale - 225-648-2333
Village of Grosse Tete - 225-648-2131
What you will need
Class of License
Gross Sales, if renewal
Local Sales Tax Registration
LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT
You must contact the Health Department if you are selling food.
Iberville Environmental Health Services
24705 Plaza Drive, Ste. A, Plaquemine, LA 70764
LOCAL BEER & LIQUOR LICENSES
If opening a new business, you must contact the councilman in the area where your business is to be located and have him/her initial your beer/liquor applications.
STATE SALES TAX REGISTRATION
Louisiana Department of Revenue and Taxation
617 N. 3rd Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70801
STATE ALCOHOL BEVERAGE COMMISSION
You must contact the following agency only if you are selling alcohol and tobacco.
State Alcohol Tobacco Control
8549 United Plaza Blvd., 2nd Floor
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
What you will need:
State and Local Sales Tax Clearance Certificates
PROCEDURES WHEN APPLYING FOR A LICENSE TO OPERATE A BUSINESS IN IBERVILLE PARISH
- Apply with Louisiana State Department of Revenue and Taxation.
a. If selling alcoholic beverages, you must apply with State Alcohol Commission and Alcohol/Tobacco Control.
- Apply with Iberville Environmental Health Services, when involving food, beverages, and/or alcohol.
After State and Board of Health approved, apply with Iberville Parish.
- When applying for a new business, Beer & Liquor Applications must be initialed by councilman in area where business is to be located.
PROCEDURES FOR REGISTERING A NEW BUSINESS FOR SALES TAXES IN IBERVILLE PARISH
- Apply with Iberville Parish Sales Tax Department. There are a variety of forms located here.
- If in city limits, a clearance must be obtained from the Iberville Parish Sales Tax Department, then taken to the city where business is located for purchase of your occupational license.
- State requires a clearance from Parish for Alcohol & Tobacco and Video Poker.
- State requires advertisement on Alcohol with local paper - check with state.